Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Stella and I set out on our cross country road trip this morning.  We had a 530 mile day and are now in Beaver, Utah.  It took us about 9 hours, but we only stopped 3 times.  There was road construction north of Salt Lake City so it was 55 mph for awhile, but not too long.  Quite by accident, I ended up in the carpool lane, which wasn't busy so we zoomed along.

Both areas that went to 55 had a state patrol car sitting at the start of the speed zone with their lights flashing, which slowed the traffic down much more than in Idaho.  After having lunch in Tremonton, I was all ready to climb on the dinosaur for the picture but, and I'm sure it's by design, there is not a rock or anything to stand on, so I wasn't able to heave myself upon it. ☹️  But the photo ops are just starting, so stay tuned.😊

Utah is really pretty right now, everything is green and the Wasatch front still has snow on the peaks. It has been a bright sunny start to this odyssey.  Tomorrow, we are off to the national parks, and then on to Phoenix!


1 comment: